The District of Colombia, or otherwise known as Washington D.C. is well known to almost every person in the world. Its popularity is probably even rival to other cities like Los Angeles or Miami. Nevertheless, this is the heart of one of, if not, the best countries in the world. So you can be sure that it has a lot to offer those who would want to visit. And I’m not just talking huge buildings or museums, I mean solid reasons for you to actually visit Washington D.C.
Traveling made easy.
- When you think of the word commute, you’re probably quick to be tired and absolutely dread the thought of doing so. But in Washington, you’d actually be pretty surprised as to how easy it would be for you to travel around. With trains and direct buses, you’d be shocked how you got to your destination so fast and easy. No more trouble with packed metros or late buses either. Because of this, you’ll find yourself have a lot more energy when it comes to the different sights you’ll be seeing as well!
- There is no doubt that when you come to America to study her long and enduring history, Washington is the place for you to go. With numerous memorials and monuments, you’ll be able to fully understand what had to transpire for America to become what she is today. Here, you can learn from a variety of subjects like social, political, scientific, and even military history.
The beautiful George Town.
- For most people, George Town is actually one of the main reasons to visit Washington alone. It is an enchanting area with Federal-style buildings, cobblestone streets, and a variety of fashion and design shops. But that’s not all George Town has to offer. When you get here, you can actually rent a boat with your friends or family and take a trip along the canals, and make it seem as if you’ve actually traveled back in time.
- With a variety of cuisine, Washington D.C. will be able to satisfy your palette no matter what it may be craving for. With multicultural restaurants everywhere, you’ll be able to get a taste of almost anything here and more.
The White House.
- Of course, you must’ve seen this coming. The very thing that Washington is well known for, is the fact that you can actually visit the White House. The president’s office is open for the public, and actually has some pretty fun tours to guide us inside. It’s not every day that you can visit the place where your president’s office is, so that makes it a lot more intriguing for most people that actually do visit the White House. It’s also a great place to learn some of America’s history!
Washington D.C. is home to many of America’s best tourist spots. It has the White House, museums, amazing food, and even more amazing people as well. One could even argue that it is everything that America stands for. Democracy, and freedom for the American People.